Wednesday, December 14, 2005

How do you make Figgy Pudding?

I mean, what is it?

Marlene here, loyal readers! Happy Christmas to you!

We’re having our Annual Christmas (Holiday) Prepared Beef Party at Grey’s on the 23rd right after work. It starts on our floor at 5. We are the Carolers this year so I’m going to dress in one of those Victorian England outfits like the Victorian English people do.

We try to make the carols as beefy as possible. “The First Jerked Beef” “O Come All Ye Spices” “Silent Beef” “God Rest Ye Merry Marinaters” Things like that. I’ve been rewriting lyrics so they should be great! The only problem is the Freezer floor. None of the guys there speak a lick of English so I’ve written a beef related carol about Père Noel and we’ve been learning some basic French. The carol’s great but the basics aren’t going as well. We thought we’d try speaking some Spanish instead.

After the caroling (and visiting every floor takes some time, trust me), we convene on the ground floor for a big hoohah. Mr. Grey & Mrs. Grey and all the little Greys will be there wishing us well. Mr. Grey will be dressed as Santa and handing out bonuses. Last year, it was prepared beef. We’re all excited about what this year’s bonus will be.

I’m in charge of the figgy pudding and some sort of myrrh related non-alcoholic drink. Hopefully, I’ll be able to whip something together. Arthur and I have such a busy schedule. We go to his family in Ovid on the Eve. On the day, we have my family in from Horseheads. I’ll tell you all about that next week. Right now…the party…

There will be tacos, perogis and kashki. Every year we have such a great time I wish I could invite all of you. I’ll give a run-down for you afterwards. Oh, I almost forgot! This year, Mr. Grey says he has a big announcement for us so we’re all on edge. Good! Bad! Who cares? It’s Christmas. We have a great…I said that already.

There will be dancing and streamers and eggnog with brandy and little sweaty wieners on sticks from the Marinater Floor. If Arthur can figure it out, there will be pictures.

“On the First Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me beef in a giant beef tree.”

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: