Friday, October 21, 2005

Arthur Yurvis, what have you done now?

Well, we had thought (Arthur thought) that we finally figured out how to put our picture up. It was a great one too. Taken at the Grey's Beef Harvest Festival in 2003. The two of us are standing in front of the "3 Legged Race" banner with our legs tied together. My hair's a mess. I had it up in a bun but bits are sticking out all over. Arthur had used a little too much dye and looked like he was imitating Elvis. We were a little bit out of breath and sweaty from the race. But, and we can't stress this enough: We Looked Good! That's us. We're charming. From over 473 pictures of us as a couple, I chose that one.

Thursday, October 19. That was when Arthur posted the picture. (We'd seen other people post pictures so we knew it was possible.) And, as it was posting and the little thing was spinning saying "Here you go. It's posting.", the whole thing burped and went down. That's where we we've been for the last 24...just gone. Lost somewhere on the internet. Arthur spent all of Thursday night attempting to bring us back. I told him "If we've lost a single post, I will give you such a pinch!"

4:30 AM. Today. "I've got it, Marlene." (And, I did. -A.) The whole blog reappeared. We're pretty sure. I had a look through and all the posts and comments and photos seem to be here. Except one. The Wednesday post. Part 2 of Three For the Festival had gone missing. Would whoever sent us that post please re-send it? I'm not sure if anyone got to read it. Sorry.

Oh, should I mention that the post with our photo is gone too. Is that obvious enough? Arthur, I love you but still no photo. So, what we've decided to do is this: Send a stamped SASE to

Arthur & Marlene Yurvis
P.O. Box 14
RR 72
Turbot, U.S.A.

Don't worry about the zip. It's not going anywhere else. You will receive a color copy of our photo for your wall or mantel. It's a fantastic photo. (We may even include a little note saying "Hello" from Turbot.)

We hope to hear from you soon. Everything should be back in order now.

No comments: